Saturday, May 7, 2011

Observe and Obey

Yesterday I had the honor of attending my dad's re-enlistment ceremony for the Navy and I was nice enough to let Kayna come with as well. He didn't want to make a big fuss out of it so we did something quick and to the point, with just a few of his favorite co-workers outside of his clinic. I was still so proud of him and all that he's done to serve our country. Thanks Dad for letting me be there.

 Here's one interesting thing Mom and I didn't know until we were there. When you re-enlist they actually honorably discharge you first, then wait one minute, then re-enlist you. We got a little confused at first when they started reading the discharge (and Mom even tried to get him to run away for the short minute he was a civilian!) but he then took the Oath of Enlistment confidently and without hesitation.

Anchors aweigh! Dad's next duty station will be starting in early June when he moves to Coronado to provide medical support for the Navy Seals. He'll likely be gone a lot but Mom tells me it's ok, I'll get used to it. Oh and she promises lots of cuddles during those times! Dad is very excited to have an adventure and I can't wait to hear all about it. Love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment