Friday, April 1, 2011

Introducing: Kayna!

Mom and Dad have been keeping all kinds of secrets from you, our loyal readers. Shame on them! I would have told you but as you know, I still can't type on my own!

About two weeks ago they put in an application to be foster parents with Pit Bull Rescue San Diego. A very nice lady came and visited our home, asked a bunch of questions about me, and told us we passed! I didn't really know what that meant at the time but when they called on Thursday to offer me a "foster sister" I said yes!

Meet...Kayna! She is about two and a half months old, a pit bull and labrador retriever mix who is a really big sweetheart.



Isn't she cute??? Mom says we will probably only have her for a few weeks since she already has a couple of people wanting to adopt her. I'm not surprised though, she is a pretty good dog. She already knows how to sit and mom promises to teach her some of the cool stuff I know. Here we are sitting like the wonderful pups we are...



We've also been on a few walks together and she does really well. She gets a little tangled up in her leash but that's to be expected since her legs are so short!


Mom guesses that Kayna is probably about 15 pounds so she is considerably smaller than I am and we are still learning how to play together. I can't figure out how to wrestle with her...she's just so small! She also hasn't learned that the humans don't like when you pee inside. Oops! I'm sure she will catch on, it will just take some time.

If you have any questions about how you can adopt Kayna be sure to email me. I'll send you everything you need to know :)

2 comments:

  1. she is so adorable, best of luck with her. fosters are absolutely invaluable to the rescue effort, you and your family are doing a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabrina! It has been a good (although tiring) experience so far and we look forward to helping more in the future :)

    ReplyDelete